Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Last minute Thanksgiving garland.


I have mixed feelings about decorating for Thanksgiving. We don't currently host any gatherings, and I tend to save everything for the "big show" (putting up the Christmas decorations the day after). While working on another project yesterday, I had a bunch of 1" wide paper scraps left over, so I decided to make a little Thanksgiving garland after all.

To make, take 1" strips of paper (they can be any length), fold over the top, punch with a hole punch and secure with a brad. Cut a triangle out of the bottom of each strip to make a flag shape. This morning we talked about what we were thankful for. Things such as blankies, milk, and Zeke (our dog). We wrote one thing on each slip of paper and then strung them up on some jute string. So easy, right?

P.S.-I promise she was having fun before I took this picture!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm a fellow contributor from Bon Bon Break. I'm adoring your blog! Newest follower, can't wait to read more!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this! May do it next year. ;)

    ReplyDelete